I made this 1 time before, and it was terrible. This time I made sure I went from step 1-2-3 and so on (MOM?) This time it turned out much better. I would rather with out the meant. However Rich would not eat it with out it.
1 lb. ground beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 large jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu in the1 lb. 10 ounce jar)
1 package 8 ounces lasagna noodles
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef, and garlic in a little oil in a frying pan. Drain off any grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce into the browned meat mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.
- Grease the slow cooker/Crock Pot with some vegetable shortening on the bottom and sides.
- Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed).
- Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that.
- Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or until noodles are tender
Again sorry about the quality of the pic. I am not sure whats going on with that.