Today at the store we bought a new pizza crust called Bobli. Its pre-cooked. You just add the sauce your topping and cheese to it. Cook it for about 10 min. It was really good. Next time I think we will try the thin crust. We also made some breadsticks to go with it. It was very good
Saturday, November 3, 2007
This has to be my new favorite thing to make. It was so good. I LOVED it. I got it from this blog. I am sorry I dont remember the nestie name.
1/2 cup cour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp dry onion flakes
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cumin
1 can rotel
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 lbs frozen southern style hash browns
1 1/2 cup cubed chicken
1 1/2 cup tortilla chips (I crushed mine)
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onion flakes, garlic powder, cumin, rotel, salt and pepper. Stir in has browns, chicken and 1/2 the cheese. Place in a dish and top with tortilla chips and remaining cheese. Bake uncovered at 375 for 45 min.
This was not apart of the original recipe but I diced up some tomatoes and put them on top of the chips. They turned out really good. Also love our high quality plates in the first pic?
I made this 1 time before, and it was terrible. This time I made sure I went from step 1-2-3 and so on (MOM?) This time it turned out much better. I would rather with out the meant. However Rich would not eat it with out it.
1 lb. ground beef
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
1 large jar spaghetti sauce (such as Ragu in the1 lb. 10 ounce jar)
1 package 8 ounces lasagna noodles
16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan/Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef, and garlic in a little oil in a frying pan. Drain off any grease.
- Add the spaghetti sauce into the browned meat mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, milk, and egg.
- Beat until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.
- Grease the slow cooker/Crock Pot with some vegetable shortening on the bottom and sides.
- Put about 1/4 of the meat and sauce mixture in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break or cut them if needed).
- Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of that.
- Then repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese for another 2 layers.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or until noodles are tender
Again sorry about the quality of the pic. I am not sure whats going on with that.
This also came from Kraft. This was so good. I kept the left overs and had some for lunch 2 days. I will for sure be making this again.
1 lbs ground beef
2c cups salsa
1/2 Italian dressing
2 tbsp taco seasoning
6 flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream
8 oz mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Brown meat-drain, add salsa, dressing, and seasoning mix. Mix well
- Arrange 3 of the tortillas in a single layer on the bottom of a 13-9 baking dish. Cover with layers of half the meat mix, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers until meat mix is gone. Cover with foil
- Bake covered for 30 min. Remove foil and bake for 10 min
Okay so this was the first time I have EVER made cheesecake. OMG it was so good. I did learn something,...I never knew you actually had to bake cheesecake. Learn something new everyday ☺. I ended up with WAY to much batter so I just made a small cheese cake with no crust. This was so yummy I can not wait to make it again!
20 Oreo cookies crushed ( I used reduced fat)
3 tbsp butter-melted
4 8ox pkgs of philly cream cheese (I used fat free)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
6 squares semi sweet melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325. Line13x9 baking pan with foil
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the butter and put it in the bottom of the pan. Press them down firmly. (I used a measuring cup to get them to pack down) Bake for 10 min.
- Beat cream cheese sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Add sour cream and mix well. Add eggs 1 at a time beating on low until everything is blended together
- Remove 1 cup of the batter and set it aside.
- Stir the melted chocolate in the remaining batter
- Top the mix with the the 1 cup you set aside and run a knife through it to make swirls
- Bake 40 min
- Make sure its completely cooled before you put it in the fridge
- Keep it refrigerate for 4 hrs
Sorry the pics are so crappy
I got this from Kraft. Not sure its something I will make again. The pepper we way over done, and the chicken was dry. It was good...just not of my favs. I made some rice up and served it over the rice. Also I did not use a red pepper, I just did 2 green.
1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 in wide strips
2 tbsp taco seasoning mix
2 tbsp flour
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1c frozen corn
1 1/2 cup thick 'n chunky salsa
1 cup mexican style cheese
Toss chicken with seasoning and flour in the slow cooker. Stir all remaining ingredients except the cheese; cover with the lid
Cook on low for 6-8 hrs (or high for 3-4 hrs)
Top with cheese after its all cooked.
Thursday, November 1, 2007